Artistic Director/Composer/Creative Producer
CHRISTIAN DE GRE
Originally from Mexico City, Christian De Gré has served as President & Artistic Director of Mind The Art Entertainment over the last ten years. Here he has spear-headed numerous international projects in film, theater, television, music, publishing, web-media, fine-art and radio such Fatty Fatty No Friends (2016 Innovative Theater Award Nominations for Best Music and Best Musical), Beware The Chupacabra! (FringeFAVE 2015), Whiskey Pants: The Mayor of Williamsburg (Audience Favorite at FRIGID New York 2015) and Broken Crayons (Golden Palm at the Mexico International Film Festival). A self-taught composer, Christian De Gré has written and produced 22 original musicals/operettas in New York City at world renowned venues like HERE Arts Center, Feinstein's/54 Below and La MaMa E.T.C. He has been commissioned to write music for The Discovery Channel, The Drama Desk Awards, The United Nations and The Mexican Cultural Institute of New York, among others. De Gré has trained activists in Eastern Europe, Northern Africa and the Americas as the Theater for Social Change Partner of the United Nations International Y-Peer Network and as a performer, he has been in various productions around the world. Other projects include fine art exhibitor at the 69th Regiment Armory (Time-Out New York: Photo of the week) and published poet in Story Time with Mr. Buttermen: Fables for Adults Living in a Modern World. Having served as General Manager of the New York International Fringe Festival and as Artistic Director of Mind The Art Entertainment he has overseen the opening of over 1,000 new theatrical productions in New York City.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- (CTI) Commercial Theater Institute Alumni - 2017
- Songwriter in Concert at Feinstein's/54 Below- 2016 & 2017
- Mastermind Member at Davenport Theatricals- 2016 & 2017
- Two time New York Innovative Theater Award Nominee- 2016
- Show Score Ranked #2 show in Critic's Picks between Hamilton and Fun Home- 2015
- Theasy Best Bet best of the fall season mention- 2015
- Manhattan With a Twist best of the season winner- 2015
- Audience Favorite Award & Sold Out Award Winner at FRIGID New York - 2015
- FringeFAVE Winner for The Lynn Redgrave Theater - 2015
- Two Fringe Encore Series Selections at Soho Playhouse - 2014 & 2015
- Time-Out New York Critic's Pick- 2014
- Producer of two FringeNYC Excellence Award Winning Shows - 2010 & 2014
- Resident Artist at La MaMa Experimental Theater Club - 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2014
- Most Promising Artist by The Mexican Cultural Institute of New York - 2010 & 2012
- Photo of the Week by Time-Out New York - 2012
- Exhibited at the Armory Show as a fine artist- 2012
- Published Poet in Story Time with Mr. Buttermen- 2011
- United Nations Y-Peer Socio-Political Theater Partner & Trainer in NYC, Tunisia & Bulgaria- 2009, 2010 & 2011
- New Musical Development Award by Lark Play Development Center- 2011
- Opening Production at the La MaMa Puppet Series- 2010
- Golden Palm Winner at The Mexico International Film Festival- 2010
- Producer of the Drama Desk Awards Reception at Lincoln Center- 2010
- Artist of the Year by Mind The Art Entertainment- 2010
- Graduate from The American Academy of Dramatic Arts- 2006
- Best Artist by The Cayman Islands Chamber of Commerce- 2004
Favorably reviewed and featured as an artist by these major publications: The New York Times, The Huffington Post, The New York Post, New York Magazine, Theater That Matters, NBC, New York Daily News, Broadway World, Time-Out New York, Backstage, Manhattan with a Twist, The Wall Street Journal, Off The Beaten Track Theater, Ottawa On Stage, New York Radio, FlavorPill, Charged.Fm, IndieTheaterNow, Theater is Easy, The Examiner, Passport Magazine, NY Theater, Manhattan Times, Theater Mania, Playbill, The Happiest Medium, BradTV, Joonbug Magazine, TDF Stages, Talkin’ Broadway, Show Business Weekly and NY Press.
Associate ARTISTIC DIRECTOR/Producer/CREATOR
R. Patrick Alberty
Over the past decade, R. Patrick Alberty brought his passion for theatre and the arts to all corners of the industry. As a veteran of the independent theater community in New York City, he has performed in a number highly-acclaimed and award-winning shows, including THE PLAYBOY OF THE WESTERN WORLD, THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST, Mind The Art Entertainment’s DIE: ROLL TO PROCEED, and the Nobel Prize-nominated FORCE trilogy from Aisling Arts. Having recently returned to directing, he has also helmed HELLCAB, A THOUSAND WORDS, Radiotheatre NYC’s GHOSTS OF CHRISTMAS PAST and FRANKENSTEIN, and has most recently worked on MTAE’s FATTY FATTY NO FRIENDS as Associate Director.
Beyond theatre, Patrick also delves into writing for the page, stage, and screen. In 2008, he founded Free Write NYC, a monthly gathering consisting of over 200 local authors striving to grow and improve in their craft. In the summer of 2010, this was expanded to include Free Write NYC Youth, a free mentoring program to kids ages 12-17 in Queens interested in the pursuit of creative writing. Patrick’s current projects include the book for MTAE's upcoming musical, BEWARE THE CHUPACABRA!, the horror screenplay HAPPY, and THE LEXINGTON INCIDENT: AN AUDIO MYSTERY.
Finally, away from the stage, Patrick is the founder and lead editor at Fly-Over Country Productions, a company providing affordable digital film services to both businesses and the public, as well as the New York City theater community.
Serrana was born and raised in the mountains of New Mexico. Having gypsy artists for parents she spent much of her life camping, hiking, skiing, traveling all over the world, and exploring her artistic and intellectual interests. She lived in France for a year with her family, and spent a semester in London.
She holds a B.F.A in Acting with a Writing Minor from Ithaca College. She is Associate Producer for Mind The Art Entertainment, and was their 2014 Artist in Residence. During this residency she wrote a children's book "Fatty Fatty No Friends" and co-wrote a musical adaptation of it which went on to win an Overall Excellence award at FringeNYC, and was extended into the FringeNYC Encore Series. As a performer she appeared in La MaMa E.T.C.'s "The Dream Vault Cycle."
Serrana is currently finishing a novel "And She Exhaled" which is set to be published by Mind The Art Entertainment in the near future.
Joseph Reese Anderson
Joseph Reese Anderson has been writing with Mind The Art Entertainment for nearly ten years. Their collaborations include Jack of Hearts Master of None, Fatty Fatty No Friends, Whiskeypants: The Mayor of Williamsburg, and A Drink with Death. He's been commissioned to write poetry and lyrics for The T'EA Project and The Nitestar Program, and is a published poet in Storytime with Mr. Buttermen: Fables for adults living in a modern world. He's looking forward to developing a number of really fun pieces that are currently in the works. He currently lives in Raleigh, NC with his lovely wife and two amazing twin baby girls. Life is love.