President & Artistic Director
CHRISTIAN DE GRE
Originally from Mexico City, Christian De Gré has served as President & Artistic Director of Mind The Art Entertainment over the last ten years. Here he has spear-headed numerous international projects in film, theater, television, music, publishing, web-media, fine-art and radio such as the film Broken Crayons(Golden Palm at the Mexico International Film Festival) and the critically acclaimed theatrical productions of The Timing of a Day and Die: Roll to Proceed. A self-taught composer, Christian De Gré has written and produced 22 musicals/operettas in New York City including the award winning Fatty Fatty No Friends (2016 Innovative Theater Award Nominations for Best Music and Best Musical), Beware The Chupacabra! (FringeFAVE 2015) and Whiskey Pants: The Mayor of Williamsburg (Audience Favorite at FRIGID New York 2015.) De Gré has trained activists in Eastern Europe, Northern Africa and the Americas as the Theater for Social Change Partner of the United Nations International Y-Peer Network and as a performer, he has been in various productions around the world. As a composer he has been commissioned to write music for The Discovery Channel, 54 Below, The Possibility Project, The TE'A Project, The United Nations, The Directors Company and La MaMa E.T.C. De Gré has worked alongside and in collaboration with The Drama Desk Awards, FringeNYC, Blume Media Group, Fountain Art Fair, STAR, Cayman 27, City at Peace, Rising Art and The Mexican Cultural Institute of New York, among others. Other projects include fine art exhibitor at the 69th Regiment Armory (Time-Out New York: Photo of the week) and published poet in Story Time with Mr. Buttermen: Fables for Adults Living in a Modern World. While becoming The New York International Fringe Festival’s first ever General Manager, De Gré is currently premiering two new operas, two song cycles and a musical this season.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- (CTI) Commercial Theater Institute Alumni - 2017
- Resident Songwriter in Concert at Feinstein's/54 Below- 2016 & 2017
- Mastermind Member at Davenport Theatricals- 2016 & 2017
- Two time New York Innovative Theater Award Nominee- 2016
- Show Score Ranked #2 show in Critic's Picks between Hamilton and Fun Home- 2015
- Theasy Best Bet best of the fall season mention- 2015
- Manhattan With a Twist best of the season winner- 2015
- Audience Favorite Award & Sold Out Award Winner at FRIGID New York - 2015
- FringeFAVE Winner for The Lynn Redgrave Theater - 2015
- Two Fringe Encore Series Selections at Soho Playhouse - 2014 & 2015
- Time-Out New York Critic's Pick- 2014
- Producer of two FringeNYC Excellence Award Winning Shows - 2010 & 2014
- Resident Artist at La MaMa Experimental Theater Club - 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2014
- Most Promising Artist by The Mexican Cultural Institute of New York - 2010 & 2012
- Photo of the Week by Time-Out New York - 2012
- Exhibited at the Armory Show as a fine artist- 2012
- Published Poet in Story Time with Mr. Buttermen- 2011
- United Nations Y-Peer Socio-Political Theater Partner & Trainer in NYC, Tunisia & Bulgaria- 2009, 2010 & 2011
- Opening Production at the La MaMa Puppet Series- 2010
- New Musical Development Award by Lark Play Development Center- 2011
- Golden Palm Winner at The Mexico International Film Festival- 2010
- Producer of the Drama Desk Awards Reception at Lincoln Center- 2010
- Artist of the Year by Mind The Art Entertainment- 2010
- Graduate from The American Academy of Dramatic Arts- 2006
- Best Artist by The Cayman Islands Chamber of Commerce- 2004
Favorably reviewed and featured as an artist by these major publications: The New York Times, The Huffington Post, The New York Post, New York Magazine, Theater That Matters, NBC, New York Daily News, Broadway World, Time-Out New York, Backstage, Manhattan with a Twist, The Wall Street Journal, Off The Beaten Track Theater, Ottawa On Stage, New York Radio, FlavorPill, Charged.Fm, IndieTheaterNow, Theater is Easy, The Examiner, Passport Magazine, NY Theater, Manhattan Times, Theater Mania, Playbill, The Happiest Medium, BradTV, Joonbug Magazine, TDF Stages, Talkin’ Broadway, Show Business Weekly and NY Press.
FOR MORE THEATRICAL CREDITS PLEASE VISIT:
FOR MORE THEATRICAL CREDITS PLEASE VISIT:
Associate ARTISTIC DIRECTOR
R. Patrick Alberty
Over the past decade, R. Patrick Alberty brought his passion for theatre and the arts to all corners of the industry. As a veteran of the independent theater community in New York City, he has performed in a number highly-acclaimed and award-winning shows, including THE PLAYBOY OF THE WESTERN WORLD, THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST, Mind The Art Entertainment’s DIE: ROLL TO PROCEED, and the Nobel Prize-nominated FORCE trilogy from Aisling Arts. Having recently returned to directing, he has also helmed HELLCAB, A THOUSAND WORDS, Radiotheatre NYC’s GHOSTS OF CHRISTMAS PAST and FRANKENSTEIN, and has most recently worked on MTAE’s FATTY FATTY NO FRIENDS as Associate Director.
Beyond theatre, Patrick also delves into writing for the page, stage, and screen. In 2008, he founded Free Write NYC, a monthly gathering consisting of over 200 local authors striving to grow and improve in their craft. In the summer of 2010, this was expanded to include Free Write NYC Youth, a free mentoring program to kids ages 12-17 in Queens interested in the pursuit of creative writing. Patrick’s current projects include the book for MTAE's upcoming musical, BEWARE THE CHUPACABRA!, the horror screenplay HAPPY, and THE LEXINGTON INCIDENT: AN AUDIO MYSTERY.
Finally, away from the stage, Patrick is the founder and lead editor at Fly-Over Country Productions, a company providing affordable digital film services to both businesses and the public, as well as the New York City theater community.
Serrana was born and raised in the mountains of New Mexico. Having gypsy artists for parents she spent much of her life camping, hiking, skiing, traveling all over the world, and exploring her artistic and intellectual interests. She lived in France for a year with her family, and spent a semester in London.
She holds a B.F.A in Acting with a Writing Minor from Ithaca College. She is Associate Producer for Mind The Art Entertainment, and was their 2014 Artist in Residence. During this residency she wrote a children's book "Fatty Fatty No Friends" and co-wrote a musical adaptation of it which went on to win an Overall Excellence award at FringeNYC, and was extended into the FringeNYC Encore Series. As a performer she appeared in La MaMa E.T.C.'s "The Dream Vault Cycle."
Serrana is currently finishing a novel "And She Exhaled" which is set to be published by Mind The Art Entertainment in the near future.