WHAT ARE YOUR INFLUENCES?
- Growing up reading science fiction and fantasy coupled with Hindu mythology.
- Having an artist mother and a surgeon father.
- Random incidents potentially triggered by planetary positions.
WHAT DO YOU FIND INSPIRING?
- Sound of waves
- When conversation between people of disparate backgrounds suddenly clicks
- The belief that the average temple goer exudes
TELL US A FUNNY STORY ABOUT YOURSELF.
I was on a bike ride with a friend once, and we were cycling through the fields in Rajasthan in the north of India. At one point we made a right on the path, and used a seated, sedate, cud-chewing, camel as our land mark. Only when we cycled back, hours later, in the dark did we realize that having a potentially mobile, healthy camel as a sign post was not a good idea. We managed to locate a remote house, got directions and a box of matches from a reluctant farmer (after going through a host of his giggling children), and finally made it back. The moral of the story - "Don't turn right at the camel."
October 24, 2014 - November 2, 2014
The Club at La MaMa E.T.C.
Exploring the thread of creation & inspiration The Dream Vault Cycle brings together over fifty multidisciplinary artists from opposing aesthetics. Their combined talents create unique multi-media performances exploring the evolution of a creative idea and the interpretation of its seed value as it journeys from art form to art form.